The Company is looking to recruit a number of aspiring Apprentices to join their progressive Toolshop in Bodmin.
In this role you will undertake a specified training programme both on and off the job in the form of an apprenticeship to enable the role holder to:
* Learn the skills required to manufacture, maintain and repair plastic & rubber moulds, MTDs and tool components.
* Support colleagues, Section Leaders and Managers in meeting all quality, delivery and cost objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Undertake appropriate off the job academic training and education to achieve the required industry standards of a modern apprenticeship, and any additional studies required to meet agreed qualifications.
* On time completion of any written records of achievement as required by any external body as part of the academic studies.
* To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by your line manager and temporarily transfer to other departments as dictated by workload requirements.
* Report any problems or irregularities which are outside your control to your line manager or other appropriate person.
* Ensure adherence to drawing specification.
* Learn to set and operate various manual and CNC toolroom machinery including mills, lathes surface grinders, cylindrical grinders, EDM machines etc.
* Lean how to carry out problem investigation & identification on rubber & plastic moulds and MTDs.
* Learn how to operate other machinery as required (within training matrix qualification limits).
* Meeting & maintaining delivery objectives.
* Learn & adhere to routine machine maintenance schedules.
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
* Required: GCSE Mathematics, GCSE English, GCSE Science
* Desirable: GCSE Design, NVQ2 Engineering