Are you a Civil Engineering Graduate?
We are looking for someone to join an established structural engineering consultancy with a great local reputation for innovative design. This is business is located in outstanding surroundings in stunning countryside, It has contemporary offices and an impressively low staff turn over. Wea re looking for a Graduate Structural engineer who is keen to start working towards chartered status. You can expect to be working on building structures including large framed commercial, education and residential projects as well as foundation design and assessment.
Projects are varied and include landmark developments across the South West.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking detailed structural engineering calculations (hand calculations) on a very varied and interesting scope and size of projects in all traditionally adopted building materials.
- Working closely with Technicians and Engineers and coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
- Preparation of detail drawing work using AutoCad, and when/if appropriate Tekla Structures.
- Carrying out project site inspections and approvals.
- Attendance at training and professional development courses.
- Assisting with reports and monitoring of subsidence claims.
- Liaising with clients, design team members and other external parties as necessary to ensure good structurally sound designs and the smooth running of projects.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Representing the business at design team and site meetings with the client, other project professionals.
- Carrying out and preparing dimensional site surveys, floor plans, roof space, building elevations etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of budget fee proposals
- In conjunction with other Engineers and Technicians you will be responsible for ensuring that contract drawings and details are issued in a prompt and timely manner.
- You will be expected to take a keen interest in the management and promotion of the Practice, aiming to improve efficiency wherever possible.
- Generally assist in the day to day running of the office as and when appropriate.
Relevant skills and experience:
- A relevant degree in civil, structural or architectural engineering
- Experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of residential, commercial
- Knowledge of BIM
We are able to offer a salary between GBP22,000 and GBP26,000 a year depending on experience as well as pension, professional memberships paid, a generous holiday allowance of 25 days + bank holidays. The company also contributes to staff social events. Training and professional development are fully supported and staff benefit from a friendly and supportive working environment.