Eden Brown Recruitment is representing a client in Chesterfield who is looking for a graduate Architectural Technologist to join their company.
Overall Purpose of the Role
* To assist in the preparation of elevation treatments to house types and amendment of working drawings as necessary.
* Assist in ensuring that house types comply with Building Regulations, regulatory/statutory guidance and warranty provider at current time.
* To assist the Technical team by administering information systems, providing design information and assisting in the submission and receipt of Planning Applications and other submissions and statutory approvals and warranties in support of the department's objectives.
* Ensure that all architectural information is clear and professionally presented.
Primary Tasks / Duties of the Role
* Assist in the liaising and responding to Planning issues including the clearance of Planning Conditions.
* Use photoshop to colour sketch plans, produce planning drawings, produce street scenes & 3D visuals.
* Assist with the production of Design and Access Statements Produce/assist in preparation of pre-exchange and pre-completion, pre-start packs.
* Assist in the appointment of specialists or consultants for specific expertise, these include, Noise Survey, Energy assessment, Structural Calculations etc.
* Prepare drawings as necessary and lodge Building Control / LABC / NHBC application.
* Liaise with Building Control Officer as required to secure approval.
* Assist in the preparation of construction details as required to satisfy Building Control.
* Assist in the Preparation of Design Risk Assessments for inclusion in Pre Tender and Health & Safety Plans as required.
* Assist in the preparation of Sales Development layout for sales brochures.
* Assist in the preparation of House Type layout and room dimension table for sales brochures.
* Assist in the preparation of elevation drawings for CGI 3D images for sales brochures.
* Prepare drawings for issue to contractor to design Marketing Suite.
* Assist in the preparation of material and component specification for project.
* Assist in the preparation of external finishes layout for submission to Local Authority Planning.
* Attend meetings on site as and when necessary.
* Assist in the proper distribution of all relevant drawings and production information both internally and externally, including monitoring and keeping Sharepoint up to date
* Assist in the preparation of Conveyance Plans
* Assist in the preparation of legal plans.
* Produce/assist in preparation of pre-exchange and pre-completion, pre-start packs
* Assist in the preparation of plans identifying areas to be maintained, together with description giving scope of responsibility.
* Assist obtain SAP Calculations, Ground floor designs, First floor designs, Truss designs, Kitchen Designs, Heating Designs, Stair Designs, GRP elements and any other third party designs when necessary
* Be aware of expenditure and financial constraints.
* Contribute to planning and other regulatory application procedures
* Assist in the Liaising with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval
* Co-ordinate and obtain EPC's, SAP's, Air test certificates, Electrical & Gas certificates, blown cavity wall certificates, Building Completion Certificates and Warranty Certificates, log, file and issue appropriately to allow completion of plots.
* Assist in the preparation of detailed specifications.
* Contribute to the overall running of business.
* Ensure House Type registers and drawing issue sheets are kept up to date.
* Any other duties as reasonably requested to enable the department meet its requirements and obligations.
* Provide duties under CDM 2015 as "Principal Designer" and "Designer" as appropriate to the role within the Technical Department.
Skills / Person Specification
* Knowledge of design and technical matters relating to housebuilding
* Working knowledge of CAD packages in particular Auto Cad.
* Working knowledge of Photoshop package.
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Understanding of CDM Regulations, LABC/NHBC / Building Regulation requirements, Codes of Practice and Code for Sustainable Homes.
* Communication skills.
* High degree of self-motivation and drive.
* Influence and persuasion.
* Problem solving.
* Team work.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to kick their career off and work on some quality projects. If youd like some more information please email Mansukh Singh on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). Please apply now!
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer