Wilmington PLC are looking for an Apprentie Events Coordinator
Apprentice Events Coordinator
Location: Fort Dunlop - B24 9FD
Salary: GBP11k - GBP12k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
You are a passionate self-starter with a can do attitude and fantastic attention to detail, outstanding customer service and the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders and event attendees.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we've grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. International Compliance Association is one of them!
International Compliance Association (ICA) is the leading professional body for the global regulatory and financial crime compliance community. Since 2001, ICA has enhanced the knowledge, skills and behaviour of over 150,000 professionals all over the world either through their internationally-recognised portfolio of professional qualifications and training.
Please note that Wilmington plc has engaged with an external Apprenticeship Training Provider to manage the recruitment process for this role and your application therefore your details will be provided to our partner.
Main Purpose of Role
Day to day you will be responsible for the frontline management of ICA's global events portfolio.
You will manage the ICA event schedule using excel, Mavenlink and Salesforce, maintaining regular communication with other relevant departments (e.g. Marketing, R&D, Teaching faculty) on event format, speaker requirements and marketing collateral.
You will also:
- Manage the speaker database in line with GDPR regulation
- Manage the ICA Event's shared inbox, answering emails and escalating where necessary
- Process event bookings using Salesforce and taking payments using Cybersource
- Work with our global partners and stakeholders to set up events.
- Coordinate the administration for all events such as:
generating event registers (in line with GDPR)
liaising with the venue/partner/speaker/attendees (national and international)
sending marketing collateral to the event in a timely manner
- Raising invoices for sponsors as necessary
- Managing speakers (obtaining biographies and photos for use on websites, providing event information, dealing with queries, chasing for presentations, arranging any travel, accommodation or fees as necessary)
- Updating Salesforce with attendees
- Organising the return of any event collateral
- Manage the events registration desk at key events, displaying a professional appearance and attitude
- You will be required to travel domestically and internationally as necessary
Skills and Experience Required
- The ability to remain flexible with the ability to prioritise while juggling multiple projects in a tight, deadline-oriented environment
- Willingness to work as part of a small "all hands-on-deck" team
- Have exceptional attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within an event environment would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint and Salesforce knowledge would be an advantage.
As a portfolio Company, we are all different at Wilmington. We understand the power of bringing difference together and we celebrate the innovation and creativity it brings through diverse experience, knowledge, and perspectives