My client is a market leader with over 40 years' experience in their market & they are constantly investing in ways to improve their products, service and sustainable manufacturing principles.
Due to further expansion, they have a fantastic opportunity for a JUNIOR DESIGNER / GRADUATE DESIGNER to work within the Design department near Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
This is an entry-level position and a full induction training programme has been designed specifically for the role, in order to get an understanding of the CAD software and products. This provides individuals with excellent opportunities to progress as a Designer within the business.
• The vast majority of your time will be spent producing new or amended layouts using Planit Fusion 20:20 CAD software.
• Answering the telephone, dealing with internal and external customers.
• Liaising with other members of the department / team leader and manager.
• Keeping up to date with new procedures and products.
• Qualified in a Design discipline (furniture, product, architecture, interior etc)
• Able to communicate confidently with people at all levels
• Self-motivated and willing to work as part of a dynamic team
• Able to work under pressure to maintain deadlines
• Computer literate
• Excellent organisational and written and numerical skills
• Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
• Some experience working on CAD software preferred
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above