The Great Annual Savings Group (GAS) is the North East's fastest growing cost management specialists, offering tailored procurement advice to businesses across a wide range of their variable costs including energy procurement, energy and water cost management, fire safety, telecoms and insurance. Entering our 9th year of trading, our growth is phenomenal, and our staff underpin our success.
Our Value Added Services team offer a vast range of opportunity to each business customer in areas such as Water, Waste, Insurance, Telecoms, Electronic Payments and EV Charging. They support each customer from early introduction to GAS, through the process of agreeing an energy contract and beyond. Meaning every customer has the chance to utilise our full spectrum of services throughout the lifetime of their journey with GAS.
The Customer Service (VAS) Apprentice will support the group through:
* Supporting new business sales by identifying and presenting suitable cost savings opportunities from our range of additional services.
* Championing the use of VAS to existing customers - explaining the benefit and potential cost savings.
* Providing strength of response to a customer when submitting proposals by demonstrating additional value through our VAS portfolio.
* Building long term relationships with existing customers by providing excellent account management services.
Through their work the Customer Service (VAS) Apprentice will:
* Assist in enhancing the customers experience and maximising business cost savings throughout their lifetime with GAS
* Develop skills in business development and sales via outbound telephone calls to new or existing customers
* Understand how the VAS team support the wider business in achieving sales
* Appreciate the importance of a target driven environment
The ideal person will:
* A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4/C or higher, including English and Maths.
* Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Packages
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Be a flexible team player, with the ability to self-manage
* Show a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
* Be self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals
* Be a cultural fit for GAS; happy to work independently, but flexible to change in a company experiencing rapid growth