Our client, based in Middlesbrough, is looking for an Apprentice Customer Service Adviser to work within their Service Department, but also assist with administrative duties throughout their business.
As the business is an SME, the successful candidate will be exposed to multiple areas/functions of the business. The post will be multi-faceted and fast-paced. Linking in with all internal departments as well as dealing with customers, the apprentice will be given the tools to develop their product knowledge and customer service skills to the highest level, providing a fantastic platform from which to grow their career in customer services.
The overarching tasks and requirements within the role are as follows:
- Dealing with incoming service calls
- Checking and sending maintenance reports
- Collating business data
- Preparing, sending and and following up product repair quotations
- Processing incoming/outgoing deliveries
- Creating and populating sales orders and invoices
- Providing timely updates to customers with expected delivery dates and notifying them of any issues
- Working with the Technical Stock Controller to ensure short-term hires are delivered accurately and on time
- Filing and general paperwork
Previous customer service experience would be preferable, but is not essential as full training will be given.
Desired skills would include a good telephone manner, good communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
Our client is looking for someone who is trustworthy, punctual, confident and flexible and will ideally drive, although this is not essential.
Grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
This is an apprenticeship position for 12 months initially, with the successful completion potentially leading to a full time position with the company.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Partnership Ltd, who are operating as an Employment Business.
The rate of pay is GBP4.30 per hour for a 38.75 hour working week. Monday-Friday, 8:30-17:15, with 1 hour for lunch each day.