Manufacturing Craft Apprentice - Machine Shop
Location: Poole, BH17 7EF
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are IMI Critical Engineering; we are recruiting and we want you.
We are a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications.
We work with leading international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
Our Company heritage spans over 150 years during which time we have established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
We operate across three globally recognized divisions: IMI Critical Engineering, IMI Precision Engineering and IMI Hydronic Engineering having GBP1.9 billion revenue with c11,500 employees worldwide.
We are now recruiting for a Craft Apprentice to join us on a full-time basis.
About the Craft Apprentice role:
You will be trained to a level where after three years you will be on your way to becoming a skilled member of our manufacturing team.
You will work alongside skilled Operators, Setters, Welders and Maintenance Engineers and be exposed and mentored throughout the 4 year apprenticeship.
Attending college on a full time basis during Year 1 and on a day release basis thereafter you will gain and develop key skills which will lead to recognised qualifications required by the business.
In addition to this your duties will include:
- Carrying out a broad range of machining techniques on lathes, mills and drills.
- Deburr, engraving and cleaning manufactured components.
- Completing all necessary quality documentation associated with the work being conducted.
- Working in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Attending the technical college.
- Learning and understanding metal cutting technology and processes for the training elements under review.
- Office based activities covering design, procurement, production engineering and inventory control.
- Performing other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
Our essential criteria for this role are:
- 5 GCSE's (grade 4-5 or above) in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Ability to work well within a team whilst having the confidence to work on own initiative.
- Ability to focus on learning new skills and prepared to undertake learning on a daily basis.
- Enthusiasm, drive and commitment to a career within Engineering.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Able to understand and follow work instructions; procedures, story boards etc.
- Good levels of manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination.
- PC literate.
- Flexible approach to work in both time and priority.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Closing Date: 5th September
No agencies please.