Position: IT Support Apprentice
Location: Bedford, MK40 1QN
Hours: Full Time
Salary: GBP200.00 p/w
Our client delivers support and guidance to individuals aged over 16 years, who require assistance.
Due to continued success the company is seeking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-regarded company.
Please note - as this is a level 3 apprenticeship, the employer can't progress candidates forward if they hold any of the following qualifications: Undergraduate / Master's Degree, HND / HNC or Certificates of Higher Education.
You will need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
- Be able to Build a PC and carry out computer maintenance tasks.
- Know how to troubleshoot technical faults relating hardware/software and provide 1st / 2nd Line Hardware / Software Support.
- Be able to troubleshoot Windows Operating Systems (7-10).
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Be able to work within an SLA orientated environment.
- Be able to configure basic remote access through VPN services.
- Have a good understanding and practical knowledge of Active Directory and Windows 2012 core components such as administering a File Server, DHCP, DNS etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Have a passion for IT and good IT Skills at Level 2 or above.
- Willing to travel occasionally to provide onsite support at other offices. Whilst travel outside of Bedfordshire would be infrequent, holding a full driving license or having a desire to obtain a driving license would be an advantage.
- Flexible working hours. Occasionally the candidate may need to work a weekend, an evening or start early/finish late. Whilst this is not very often this can occur such as when urgent resolution of a technical problem is required or during a major system upgrade.
- Someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have be able to prioritise and have effective time management skills.
- A logical thinker and natural problem solver, technically minded and enthusiastic.
- A patient and polite individual.
- Punctual, Hardworking and able to demonstrate initiative.
- To examine IT systems for potential threats to its security and integrity.
- Provide technical support at the network level for Wi-Fi, WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Make recommendations concerning software or system quality.
This company is an equal opportunities employer who values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords:IT Support Apprentice, IT, Apprentice, Apprenticeship Scheme, 2nd Line Hardware, Software Support, SLA Orientated Environment, Information Technology