Our clients have an enviable reputation for delivering world class service to their customers and clients and operate across a network of offices around Cambridgeshire. They are seeking a Commercial Graduate Surveyor to join the thriving Chartered Surveying team based in Cambridge.
The ideal candidate will work within an established team with a varied portfolio of properties for a range of clients. The successful candidate will join a close-knit team of Surveyors across Management, Agency and Professional and will spend time working within all areas of the business.
On offer is:-
- Basic starting salary of between GBP22-24,000 per annum
- Dedicated career path with ongoing training and supervision to be a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor.
- 23 days holiday, with the ability to earn up to 28 days, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year not taken from annual entitlement.
- Pension: 4% of 85% of annual earnings contributed to the Company pension scheme.
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch.
- Required to work in an open plan office with the Commercial Agency and Management team.
- Be provided with full APC support with an assigned supervisor and counsellor.
- Attend quarterly sign off meetings and 6 monthly supervisor counsellor reviews
- Be able to attend organised CPD events, mock interviews and be provided with Case Study support.
- Be provided with a varied workload to achieve your mandatory, core and technical skills required for the final APC assessment.
- Work with a wide range of property portfolios for large institutional clients including some Cambridge Colleges.
- Working with over 40 management clients and a varied portfolio of over 200 properties.
- You also act for a wide range of Landlords, Developers and Corporate Occupiers in the industrial, office, R&D and retail sectors.
- Our client has particular expertise in advising on the life science and technology markets around Cambridge and works on a portfolio of Business and Science Parks across the region.
- Our client are able to provide an interesting and varied workload to a Graduate aiming to qualify as a Chartered Surveyor.
Main job role / scope of the role:-
- Manage Landlord and Tenant property transactions, rent reviews, lease renewals and licenses.
- Liaising with tenants, advising on property portfolios and identifying opportunities for maximising investment performance.
- Identifying repairs, obtaining quotes and instructing contractors.
- Ensuring lease compliance and overseeing applications to assign, requests to sub-let or undertake alterations.
- Updating and maintaining property records on the Propman data base.
- Carry our Red Book Valuations across a wide range of asset classes for a variety of purposes including: Accounts, Taxation, management buyout, financial planning, independent expert. Inspect and measure property, research the market, produce valuation and draft reports.
- Carry our disposals via lease or sale across a wide range of asset classes. Inspect and measure property, advise on method of disposal, produce property particulars, conduct viewings and answer any queries. Collate offers and negotiate with potential purchasers. Report to client with recommendations. Agree sale, carry out background checks, instruct solicitors, respond to any queries. Follow through to completion.
- Maintain database of relevant transactions and other office administration tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:-
- RICS accredited degree.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ideal but not essential : experience of Propman or other property management software.
- Previous work experience within a customer facing role.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines.
- High level of accuracy
- Commitment to meeting or exceeding expectations
- Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members, clients and contractors.
- Good sense of humour
- MUST have full UK driving licence and use of their own car which must be insured for business use.
If you have the current relevant experience for this role, please do not hesitate to APPLY TODAY.
Our Recruitment Solutions for Business team are available for a confidential chat about the role and full candidate requirements.
You are always welcome to call our office and talk, in complete confidence, to one of our recruitment experts.
Please be advised, if you do not have the previous experience required in the job description your application will not be considered.