Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Support the development and delivery of the Hydrock Digital Innovation Strategy
- Work on digital projects
- Support with building and deploying tools and services with an internal support and/or an external commercial focus.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- IT Literate with experience with Microsoft Office. Experience of Microsoft 365 a bonus.
- Ability to engage and develop relationships with project stakeholders (internal and external)
- Be able to identify tasks and organise priorities
- Present or communicate an idea to a group of people
- Experience with any of the following programming languages:
Python or R- Scripting
HTML & CSS
- Any online Udemy/LinkedIn Learning/Code Academy or similar programming/digital course experience would be beneficial
- An interest in construction, engineering, architecture or the built environment
- An interest in technology and digital products
- Be self-starter and go the extra mile
- Enjoy tackling a challenge and being a solution finder!
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Each division will soon have a career climbing frame supported by group competency framework and training portfolio.
In January 2022 we will launch a dedicated Apprenticeship Development Programme which will help this group expand their personal development alongside their technical growth.Things to consider
Company perks / benefits:
- Good annual holidays
- Company Challenge Day
- Pension Scheme as applicable
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing Support Line
- Healthy Living Bonus
- Eye care and Flu Jabs
- Cycle to work
- Buy/Sell Leave
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.