- To learn how to operate and run VMC (Vertical Milling Centre)
- To learn basic tool setting
- To learn tool changes and datum setting
- To learn program development and transferring
- All the above on our VMC (Vertical Milling Centre) machines
- To carry out general setting duties and learn how to process parts. Processes including Drills, Presses etc
- You will report to the departmental Team-leader on a day to day basis
The Department they will be operating in will be the extrusion department, but as with all Sherwood employees this is not cast in stone.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills Personal qualities Desired qualifications
Maths and English 4/C or above
Functional skills Level 2Future prospects
Maybe a full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.