Supporting Communications and Events Managers to produce high quality, professional communications products to support the work of the NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) and the wider nationally located National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) through working closely with both NETSCC and NIHR colleagues.
Examples of day to day tasks:
- Assisting with the production of communications copy and outputs in formats suitable for the medium, e.g. web site and social media content, publications, media outputs (press releases, features, good news stories), events materials, newsletters, case studies, flyers etc.
- Assisting with website content updates in various formats, using the CMS (Content Management System/Systems) and other tools (e.g. search and analytics) on a regular basis and following best practice
- To assist with scheduling and publishing social media content using NIHR systems across channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Working with other team members to identify, plan and organise NETSCC's presence at exhibitions and conferences
- Supporting liaison with external suppliers to ensure equipment and materials arrive at events in a timely manner, monitoring value for money and performance of suppliers making recommendations where necessary
- Attending external events
- Assisting with the development and production of hard-copy and electronic publications
- Maintain and develop software systems, e.g. media monitoring database
- Raising purchase orders and log expenditure in the relevant financial spreadsheets
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience in communications, publishing, PR, or marketing role (producing news, newsletters, digital content etc.) in a research or higher education setting
- Experience of working with external stakeholders/customers
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, email, web, and databases
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving and initiative
- Management and teamwork
- Communicating and influencing
- Capacity to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate commitment to work hard towards the goals of NETSCC
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above(or equivalent) in maths and English aredesired.
Skill level equivalent to achievement of HNC, A-Level, NVQ3 in relevant discipline, e.g. communications, media, marketing, journalism, public relations, events management, or with proven work experience acquired in relevant roles and job-related training.Future prospects
The employer is looking for the Apprentice to transition into a full-time permanent member of staff (dependent on successful completion of the end point assessment). Longer term prospects could include progression within NETSCC, the wider NIHR or the University of Southampton.Things to consider
Southampton, although some remote and flexible working may be considered on an individual basis, depending on team roles, locations, and logistics.
NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre offers excellent benefits including generous holidays, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to develop your career in a professional and friendly working environment.
Core benefits include pension scheme membership; a generous annual leave allowance (supplemented by University closure days and public holidays) and excellent family leave arrangements (including maternity, paternity, adoption, and parental leave).
Other benefits we offer include a cycle to work scheme, discounted Sport and Wellbeing membership, access to private dental and/or healthcare insurance, an on-site nursery at our Highfield campus, awide varietyof on and off-campus arts and culture facilitiesand access to a range of staff discounts and offers at local shops, restaurants and service providers.