Our Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship would suit someone with an interest in Project Management or ideally existing professionals already in a project management support role such as Junior Project Manager, Project Management Support, Assistant Project Manager, or other roles requiring project management skills.
A Project Management Apprentice (PMA) knows what needs to be achieved, how it will be achieved, how long it will take, how much it will cost, and works with the project team to achieve the required outcomes. PMAs need good planning, organisation, leadership, management, and communication skills.
The role provides the opportunity for proactive management of all fieldwork and project requirements with opportunities for growth in data analysis.
During your apprenticeship you will be given internal projects to work on and manage, through this you will learn about the company's processes and the clients we service as well as gain valuable experience in how to run a project.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Day-to-day liaison with RP Field/fieldwork agencies, freelancers, project team etc.
- Reviews materials prepared by project teams before drawing up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project
- Co-ordinate fieldwork agencies in the scripting and translation of materials and interview set up
- Check survey script functions as intended and matches the approved materials
Act as main contact / bridge between Project team and fieldwork agencies, ensuring the fieldwork process runs smoothly and in line with expectations:
- Updating all parties on any change (sample, timings, specifications etc.)
- Working with RP Field to answer fieldwork queries regarding sample, timings, or any other project-related issues
- Management of subcontractors and freelance consultants
- Ensure all fieldwork is conducted to time and budget
- Reporting regularly on fieldwork progress to Project team
- Prepare agency and freelancer commissioning letters together with RP Field
- Attend debrief meetings for final audit of compliance records
- Helping RP Field to negotiate with suppliers and obtain quotes for senior managers - as and when required
Non-project related activities:
Engaging in office life in general:
- On a practical level, e.g. picking up ringing telephones, maintaining common areas
- On a social level, e.g. participating in Forever Angels, Social Committee, sports clubs, Wellness programme, book club etc.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Any project management experience
- Any customer facing experience
- Good problem-solving skills
- A well-mannered and professional individual with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Proactive in nature who takes pride in 'getting things done' to a high standard
- Ability to meet prioritise and work towards project deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in a career in Project Management within an international research environment and a curiosity towards healthcare/pharmaceutical industry
- An attention to detail and an enthusiasm to take responsibility for all work and solutions produced
This is a higher-level apprenticeship, so you'll need at least 2 A levels (or equivalent)in any subject as well as Level 2 qualifications (or equivalent) in English and maths.
Eligibility - Applicants must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered, and any offer of a position will be made subject to your right to work in the UK.Future prospects
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity be offered a full-time position. This will be reviewed at the end of your Apprenticeship.Things to consider
Once you have applied for this apprenticeship and the vacancy has closed your application will be reviewed by the college and Research Partnership before potential candidates are selected to proceed to an assessment and interview stage.
We hope to be able to arrange for some of the interview process to take place in person (whilst adhering to guidelines on social distancing) although this may not be possible due to Covid-19.
The assessment session will include a maths and English assessment, a data entry assessment, group activities and a Q&A session with the employer. This will take place on 5th Augustbetween 10:00 and 14:00.
Following this, successful candidates will be invited for formal interviews with Research Partnership. These will take place on week commencing 9th August.
Applicants should hold these dates in their diaries.
This role is full-time, and office based. Therefore, you will need to live in close proximity or have a straightforward commute into West / South West London. Whilst Research Partnership staff are currently working remotely, we are beginning to return to the office in some capacity.
The new PMAs will be required to attend the office for training days and any other time outlined by Research Partnership subject to Covid-19 restrictions at the time. You will be provided with a laptop but will need a reliable internet connection, a quiet space / working environment and will be expected to uphold professional standards whilst working from home.