We're looking for an apprentice Multi Trader to work with the apprentice team learning the skills and gaining experience of the construction industry whilst studying towards completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship.
* Ensure the effective delivery of service in line with Axis health and safety policies and procedures.
* Ensure and undertake any recording of work and administration required by Axis standards and timescales.
* Report any health and safety issues and outstanding defects to your supervisor, contracts manager, health and safety team and apprentice co-ordinator.
* Work as an integral team member with other apprentices, Axis operatives, clients, customers, and tenants.
* Attend Axis induction, health and safety training, toolbox talks and college Induction.
* There will be an opportunity to participate in our 'apprentice challenge' project.
* Undertake multi-trade work to a safe, clean, and high-quality standard.
* Learn how to cost multi-trade area work with your Axis mentor, identifying cost reduction methods.
* Ensure college course attendance is 100% and college absence communicated to your line manager and apprentice co-ordinator every time you fail to attend college.
* Communicate any absence from work as per your contractual terms and conditions.
* Communicate college requirements for completion of the Level 2 apprenticeship portfolio work with Axis mentor, apprentice co-ordinator, and contracts Manager.
* Ensure multi-trade work is delivered in a professional manner, in line with Axis core values and equality standards.
* Always wear your PPE while working and follow health & safety instructions.
* Pass all college exams and projects in each year of college to ensure continued progression in your apprenticeship.
* Put together and maintain a tool kit so at the end of your apprenticeship, you have all essential tools for your trade.
* Follow all company policies and procedures.
* GCSE 4 & above (A-C) in Maths & English or equivalent
* Previous multi-trade knowledge is desirable but not essential
* Good communication
* Positive attitude to work
* Attention to detail
Other key Information
* Driving licence by the end of apprenticeship
* Length of apprenticeship is 2 years
* Salaries are paid in line with government guidelines for apprentices, and we cover the cost of travel expenses.
If you enjoy providing a dedicated and professional service to your customers, an expert approach to sustainability, health and safety, and adding value to your community, then we would love to hear from you. Here at Axis, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity above all else, we do not discriminate on any basis, so come join us