Are you a graduate looking for a new challenge? If the answer is YES, then the team at White Oak could have the ideal role for you.
White Oak are currently recruiting for a Intern on a 12 month contract to join the team based in London.
What will I be responsible for?
As our Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of the business's European organic and inorganic growth strategy. You will be involved on a wide range of projects across corporate finance, corporate strategy, M&A, financing and general corporate administrative tasks.
Your responsibilities will also include:
* Assisting in drafting presentations for a wider audience within the firm
* Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies with the SME finance sector
* Developing and maintaining target company profiles
* Creating and updating financial models
* Assisting in developing investment committee papers
* Assisting with administrative tasks and general office management
* Providing ad-hoc support where required
This is a full-time office-based role and the individual will be expected to also manage the London office, great clients and organise events.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal Intern will be educated to degree level or higher with a minimum 2:1 in a quantitative degree (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar) or have completed two years of your degree and are expecting to graduate in 2023. You will also have the following skills and competencies:
* Proven track record of personal and academic achievements
* Strong interest in business and financial services
* Professional, presentable, and confident interacting with clients, staff and senior stakeholders
* Results-driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
* Excellent mix of analytical and technical skills, commercial focus and strategic focus
* Team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities
* Fluent in English
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Prior experience in a professional corporate environment
What can we offer you?
As our Intern you will receive a salary of GBP30,000 and a range of benefits.
About White Oak
White Oak is an FCA authorised and regulated European Lending Platform which provides capital to support SMEs and mid-corporates through its full suite of flexible lending products. Headquartered in the UK, White Oak's team of 170 specialists currently services a loan portfolio of over GBP500 million and have originated over GBP1.5 billion of assets since 2018. As a financing affiliate of White Oak Global Advisors, LLC (WOGA), White Oak is able to access investor capital to support White Oak's lending activities to complement its funding from banks and other financial institutions.
WOGA is an SEC registered global alternative asset manager with over $6.8bn of Assets under Management, focussed on direct lending to non-sponsored small and medium sized entities (SMEs), offering term loans, leases, asset based loans and other specialty products across its affiliates to companies with enterprise values between $25m and $1bn. White Oak Global Advisors was founded in 2007 and, along with its affiliates, has a global presence with over 470 professionals.
As part of WOGA's strategy in deploying investors' funds to the SME market, it has created and acquired, on behalf of its institutional investors, a number of affiliate companies in recent years that bring specialist product, origination, underwriting and servicing capabilities. These include two factoring companies in the US including White Oak Commercial Finance, the US's 5th largest factor, and one of the largest non-bank SME lenders in the UK, LDF Group, in June 2018, which has since been incorporated into White Oak.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please click APPLY now to register your interest in the Intern role.
Please note that all applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have a right to work in the UK at the point at which the role commences
For your application to be considered, please include a covering letter along with your CV