We are the UK's leading media and entertainment brand for men, with a global audience of 13 million across all platforms. We've pioneered the way content and storytelling speaks to and represents our audience and we've been recognised with accolades and awards for our creativity and originality.
Awarded the Drum Content Creator of the year and DigiDays' publisher of the year, we're proud to be free-thinking, flag-flying unorthodox storytellers for the modern man. Our content influences, informs and inspires men from every corner of the UK, and knits them together in a community of empowerment and inclusivity.
Over the past five years, we have developed a significant presence in British media. With hundreds of millions of views, publishing some of the most-watched videos on social media, from our world-famous headswaps to beating the broadcasters to the most-watched video of the 2019 election.
We took the podcast world by storm with shows such as the ARIA-nominated Unfiltered with James O'Brien and the massively successful House of Rugby, which has just returned for its third season, alongside our new football show All To Play For. Our written content is widely shared across social, from sharp and incisive news coverage through to longreads and feature content, and of course the institution that is the company Friday Pub Quiz. Job Description:
We are looking for a creative, determined, and enthusiastic Sports Graphic Designer to join our award-winning team.
Responsibilities will include the following:
Who Fits The Bill:
- Designing 6-8 posts per day to be posted across our social platforms - a mix of static graphics, polls, scorecards.
- Working with the sports team to devise new original formats and bespoke platform-specific content.
- Producing attention-grabbing graphics for social media that will encourage engagement and that matches the tone of the JOE content.
- Ensuring JOE's brand guidelines are maintained across all platforms.
- Working with sports team and design to create new design templates that encourage engagement across all social platforms.
- Using analytics to monitor social performance and inform strategy.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in graphic design, digital design, or a related subject.
- Creative with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Hungry and keen to develop a career in the news and publishing world.
- An avid user of social media and enjoys keeping up with the latest trends.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment in a growing company.
- Interested in sports, especially football, rugby, and/or MMA.
- Any experience in graphic design and a portfolio showcasing your work would be an advantage.
- Company Pension
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality
- Company Away Days
- Community mornings - supporting local charity
- Free weekly fitness class via Zoom
- Free breakfast on a Monday
- Lie in on your birthday
- Free Headspace subscription
- Random gifts to celebrate big events
- Fridges full of lovely stuff to drink + snacks