Main Purpose of the Job:
To collate, record and report on any data streams in relation to Willen Hospices' carbon footprint and sustainability practises. Supporting the Hospices EMS (Environmental Management System), Environmental Champions group, and assisting in various carbon reduction projects.
- Key points that you will use to measure a person's success in this role
- Collect and record data from various different sources, for example utility, waste & paper consumption.
- Prepare data for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Undertake scheduled quality checks and audit of the accuracy of all recorded data.
- Suggest on where improvements can be made to the way data is collated, recorded and analysed.
- Assist on undertaking some of the actions captured within the hospice carbon reduction action plan
- Provide support to our Environmental Champions network
- Capture all streams of data and analysis work in regards to supporting our Environmental Management System
- Assist with organising and running our annual carbon reduction campaign week
- Organise the renewal of, or set up of DEC (Display Energy Certificates) as and where required
- Assist in reviewing the environmental impact of hospice projects, looking at opportunities of where we can reduce our carbon footprint.
- Review and update the hospice sustainability page on our intranet
- Provide data analysis support to other departments if required.
- Beautiful lakeside location
- Generous holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking
- Excellent onsite catering facilities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to WillenLife rewards
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.Salary offer is: Up to £17000 per annum, depending on experience.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, with the ability to learn other software packages
- Strong analytical skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interest in environmental & sustainability work
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- eager to demonstrate continuous improvement
- can work towards tight deadlines
- An interest in developing project management skills
Minimum of five GCSE's (or equivalent) including maths and English at grade 5/C or above.
A Level education or Level 3 qualification in relevant subjectFuture prospects
Although this role is predominantly focused on environmental and sustainability, this apprenticeship is wide ranging to suit an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in Data Analysis or Project Management in any work sector.