Are you a Retail Deputy or Trainee Manager looking to further your career? Salary from £28K
Chelmsford star is a progressive, regional retailer covering Essex. Looking to recruit apprentice management personnel for our convenience stores. Contracted to 45 hours (min) working 5 in 7 days working pattern.
You will introduce your personality and fresh thinking into our stores, supported by a Society recognised for its integrity and community spirit.
Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society are looking for experienced managers from sectors outside of convenience and supermarket retail that are looking to retrain and transition across to the convenience retail sector via a fully supported apprenticeship scheme. We are looking for individuals who are looking for a long term career in convenience retailing via nationally recognised qualifications and internal training with good progression opportunities.
Duties to include:
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- preparing promotional materials and displays
- liaising with head office
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 4 Retail Manager Apprenticeship, this will involve a Regional Trainer meeting with you once a month one to one from Babcock Training.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Good level of interpersonal and communication skills
Driven to achieve targets and exceed them
Strong team player with good communication and problem solving skills,
Have some level of previous management experience.Personal qualities
- Open to learning
- Presentable and professional
- A- Level or equivalent as a minimum
Things to consider
- Leading to roles such as Duty manager
- Assistant manager
- Store manager
- Cluster manager
This vacancy may close early in sufficient applications are received. Apply early to avoid disappointment.
Performance will be measured through comparison to sales, stockholding and personnel budgets.
Coop Chelmsford Star operate a convenience store food business so you may be required to work weekends, early mornings and evening shifts.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates