Apprentice Mechanical Engineering Fitter for Concrete
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate over 300 production sites in the UK, employing about 3,500 people in a wide range of roles, and our aim is to be a leading sustainable business, trusted and respected by our stakeholders for the ethics we adopt and the products we supply. We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, and are committed to being a fair, respectful and inclusive employer. Our motivated employees are the key to our success and our culture is based on teamwork, strong customer focus, innovation and working safely and sustainably. We are focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 15 per cent by 2030 ( we have already reduced them by 50% since 2009)
To train as an engineering operative apprentice to level 2 and then Level 3 standard, to undertake a structured training program of academic study and workshop and on-Site work in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to carry out planned maintenance and inspection duties and to keep accurate records in accordance with management requirements, to be qualified in highlighting and resolve potential problems in order to maximise plant availability and eliminate unplanned downtime
Description of Team / Department
South west concrete
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
- To train as an engineering operative apprentice to level 2 and then Level 3standard
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable qualification in mechanical engineering.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace
Skills / Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above to include Maths and English
- All successful applicant will need to attend an Exeter College interview and initial assessment to ensure suitability for the program
- Computer literate
- Have a full clean driving license
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- 27 days holiday
- For office and regional roles, after 6 months of joining, agile working considered subject to manager discretion
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays, and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Location: Newton Abbot Full Time / Part Time: full time Working Hours: 40.00 hrs Contract Type: Fixed Term contract Shift Description: Mon to Fri including 1 day a week in collage