- Trainee Mechanical Design Engineer that incorporates some electrical and control content
- Primary projects will include working with hydrogen fueling systems and dispensers, gas detection systems, analytical systems and filtration systems
- Work with PLC's, PLC Controls, electrical/pneumatic systems and anything else that comes our way!
- As a small business with a great reputation our customers come to us with ideas and we work with them to find solutions
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good communication and phone skills, as well as use of Office 365
- Ability to work independently but to ask if they are unsure and communicate when they are finished or ready for a new task
- Asking for new opportunities or to be part of a project you haven't worked on before
- Support to come up with solutions and generate ideas for projects
- Use of CAD (basic knowledge is fine as we will provide training)
- Ability to speak to customers and suppliers
- A confident, can do attitude
- Someone who is a team player, and who is able to coach and challenge other people
- In a small business it is crucial to speak up and ensure if you have any questions they are answered
In order to optimise success candidates will typically have 5 GCSE's at Grade C/4 or above, including Mathematics, English and a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject, as well as A Levels at grade C/4 or above in both a Mathematical based subject and a Science, Technology, Engineering or additional Mathematics related subject, or 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC. The Apprenticeship as a Product Design and Development Technician provides a potential preparation route for this Apprenticeship.Future prospects
Design Engineer. We are looking for someone to build their skill and be able to work as our Senior Engineer in the future at the point our director retires. We are hoping to offer someone an opportunity to build a career at Unitech and help grow our business.