Technical Excellence in networking is crucial to ISN. We require someone who can build a strong relationship with our customers, display passion and enthusiasm for delivering brilliant IT solutions across wired and wireless networks.
We deliver to a variety of different companies, such as Moto, ISS UK, Road Chef, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Clear Channel, London Fire Service and other blue light services. As a Network Engineer, you will be a trusted advisor and technical contributor on technical projects, working with the team to ensure optimal service is delivered to our customers.
ISN partner with Cisco, VM Ware and SolarWinds, so you will be responsible for installing, configuring and supporting solutions based on those vendor product ranges.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working within a team responsible for implementation of end-to-end network solutions, across routing, switching, security, data centre and wireless
- Working with a team assisting with pre-sales demonstrations and conducting client estate audits
- Go the extra mile for our clients, we pride ourselves in providing personalised, friendly and unique service
- Engage with our clients, demonstrating ISNs commitment to their success
- Be part of a team working to proactively ensure our customers' networks and the services we are providing are running at an optimal level
- Support the team as we deliver occasional services out of hours
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- CCNA R&S is advantageous
- Other network or security knowledge is highly advantageous
- Any training or certifications with other vendors is nice to have but not essential
- Some knowledge and experience of routing and switching, particularly across Cisco products
- Some knowledge of WAN, LAN and wireless solutions, including VLANs
- Some Network Security knowledge and some experience of firewalls would be advantageous
- Technically Exceptional - A true technologist, you thrive on providing solutions through being intuitive and passionate about your area of expertise and the business benefits that technology can deliver
- Trusted and Valued - Honest, hard-working, pragmatic, willing to learn, high attention to detail, even while working under pressure
- People First - This position is at the forefront of the business and has an extensive client-facing element. The ability to build a strong rapport, both internally and with clients is key
- Agile - As a team member, you will be expected to visit customers sites where required and permitted. The flexibility to engage with clients and being prepared to represent ISN online in meetings and workshops and doing the same in person when circumstances allow. This role wouldn't suit someone wanting to remain home-based or expecting to work from the office for the majority of the time
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Full clean driving license
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.