Do you want to test your skills in the world of precision engineering with an expanding and successful business?
Now is the time to take the next step towards becoming a qualified Machinist Engineer with this Apprenticeship at TapcoEnpro!
The successful candidate will continue their studies with engineering industry specialists, RNN Group, in their newly refurbished Engineering workshops. Giving you the training, you need to become an all-rounded and qualified Engineer.
Committed to staff development, TapcoEnpro have the perfect values to help make your dream a reality, providing excellent in-house training that compliments your academic studies.
You'll develop your skills alongside experienced engineers, learning a variety of duties and supporting the whole business to grow. You will be taught and mentored to support the manufacturing team, learning engineering skills with a team who are renowned for exceptional skills and precise engineering.
Job duties will include learning:
- Production duties including machining and grinding of parts (milling, drilling, turning and horiz boring)
- Programming and operation of HAAS (Fanuc control) CNC Machine
- How to ensure that components meet the drawing specification and quality standards
- Target levels of productivity
- How to maintain company Health and Safety standards
- How to maintain work area to be neat, clean and organized for safe and efficient use.
- Other duties as assigned for varying business needs and development
If you are eager and ready to take your first step into a specialist career, then please apply now! These Apprenticeships are highly sought after, so don't miss your chance!
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Basic understanding of Engineering
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dexterity and attention to detail
- Must enjoy problem solving and raising to a challenge
- Must have an enthusiasm for engineering.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Honest, reliable and committed - be confident enough to say when you're unsure and ask for advice as and when needed
- Able to work on own initiative
GCSE in maths and English 9 - 4/A*-C or equivalent.Future prospects
Progression to industry specialist qualifications - further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry.Things to consider
This is a successful business that has a very busy workload. They are looking for someone who can listen/learn and use their own initiative to quickly become a valued member of the team.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates