What will the apprentice be doing?
· Supporting and leading the delivery of Physical Education and Sports Coaching in one or two primary school within Gateshead.
· Assisting teaching and learning in Primary school PE.
· Delivering afterschool clubs and providing wrap around care for Primary schools.
Based around NE11 9DXWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Opportunity to obtain a L4 School Sports Coach apprenticeship working within local Primary School's Monday - Friday.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Employment with PEAK as a Physical Education Co-ordinator.
- Employment with the host schools as a school sports coach.
- Experience to support an application to university for a sports coach or teaching qualification
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Physical fitness, Sports leadership Experience, Coach Qualification/Experience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Other Sports Leader/Coaching Qualification Experience (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
Successful applicants will be required to have a clear enhanced DBS certificate. Successful applicants should be aware that that they will be required to support children's learning across the curriculum.