About the apprenticeship
• To receive and assist visitors
• Assist in the answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries
• Liaising with other members of staff and the public
• Assist in the provision of routine clerical support including photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, complete routine forms and telephony duties
• Assist in the maintenance of manual and computerised records/management information systems and process information in accordance with defined procedures and standard
• Where directed, undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks
• Assist in the sorting and distribute of mail
• Undertake routine administration in support of the functions of the Social Services Health & Housing Department
• Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer
• Assist in the orderly arrangement and secure storage of supplies and record and issue them
• Assist in undertaking routine financial administration including the receipt and process of payments
• Be aware of and comply with corporate policies and procedures including those relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Authority.
• To adopt a flexible, authority wide approach to service provision.
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Be computer literate and able to operate / update computer database systems - ESSENTIAL
• Be an effective Team member - ESSENTIAL
• Be able to work to deadlines - ESSENTIAL
• Experience of working with people of all ages
• Possess a high level of written and communication skills
• Be able to deal with a wide range of people
• Be able to organise own work
• Be able to relate to young people
• Have effective clerical and administrative skills
• Knowledge of financial systems and processes including computer based systems
• Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
Minimum requirement 5 GCSEs Grade C or above to include English/Welsh and Maths
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
L2 Diploma in Business Administration
About the employer
NPTCBC Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council, Civic Centre
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
To be confirmed