Concrete Plant apprentice for Concrete / Concrete / Operations Job Description
Carry out an apprenticeship in static plant operations while following a Hanson learning programme in concrete production and site operations. The concrete plant apprentice's main duties include learning the full extent of the production of quality concrete. Starting with the basic operation of the whole site progressing to concrete production by means of the concrete batching processes and machinery. Phase one, to learn and build a full understanding of the layout of the site, and to understand the function of each of the components, storage, drainage, traffic management, parking areas within the site. To learn their use and what is required to keep these areas clean, safe, and operational. This may include the use of the site wheeled loading shovel to feed stock to the plant, including the required maintenance of the machine. Also, to carrying out general housekeeping around the site and some routine maintenance on the plant. Helping to ensure the safe and efficient running of the site in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Environmental Legislation. Phase two, to learn the processes required in the production of concrete, to learn the concrete plant computerized batching systems, to batch concrete within our QSRMC accreditation and while also helping to maintaining our ISO9001 accreditation. To learn the maintenance requirement of the plant and help with the completion of the site routine documentation for health and safety, environmental logs, and operational checks. Minimum age 18 years old as you will be operating / responsible for machinery
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
Carry out an apprenticeship in static plant operations while following a Hanson learning programme in concrete production and site operations.
To update all areas of knowledge, skills and behaviours as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
You will be required to complete a study and apprenticeship programme. Successful completion will result in the Level 2 Mineral Processing Mobile and Static Plant Operative Apprenticeship.
You will be required to commit to a learning package with training provider and allocated off the job training time during your working week to assist in your studies.
Complete and Maintain all required apprenticeship documentation and adhere to all apprenticeship requirements and commitments
Skills / Experience
Have right to work in the uk
Be resident in the uk for the last 3 years up to the start of their apprenticeship
If you do not have english and maths grade C /4 and above then you will have to gain this alongside their apprenticeship
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- 27 days holiday
- For office and regional roles, after 6 months of joining, agile working considered subject to manager discretion
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays, and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Location: Dagenham Full Time / Part Time: full time Working Hours: 40.00 hrs Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Shift Description: Monday - Friday