Asphalt Plant Apprentice for Asphalt & Contracting / Asphalt / Operations Job Description
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the company's visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK. One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being a fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Working as part of the production team at Bradford Asphalt plant reporting directly to the plant supervisor
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
Operating mobile plant, learn how to mix asphalt, maintenance / inspection duties and housekeeping
Skills / Experience
Applications will be considered from those who have or are likely to obtain GCSE's in Math's and English Grade 4 and above. Predicted grades must be verified by official School reports
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- 27 days holiday
- For office and regional roles, after 6 months of joining, agile working considered subject to manager discretion
- Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays, and much more.
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
- Access to discounted private medical benefits
- Paid day off to Volunteer every year
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Location: Bradford (Low Moor) Full Time / Part Time: full time Working Hours: 40.00 hrs Contract Type: Permanent Shift Description: Mon-Fri 07.00-16.00