At Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust you will be working towards a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.
The Information Rights Apprentice will support the Information Rights Department in delivering a high quality service to all customers.
- To work within the different teams in the department contributing to the provision of service in line with a service level agreement.
- To learn the administration of requests for information, and incident investigations including logging/acknowledging and processing using Datix, the departments information management system, Microsoft Access and paper-based systems.
- To ensure requests and incidents are communicated to relevant staff, as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate records at all times and to provide reports on request, this will involve collating information using the systems such as Datix.
- To communicate with staff, managers and clients, both written and verbally in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To learn how to deal effectively with enquiries both written, verbally, and face-to-face. Offering information, advice and guidance to individuals on any information rights related query they may have, this may include researching into available options.
- To gain understanding of handling sensitive situations effectively, dealing with aggressive or upset individuals in a calm manner, ensuring concerns are passed to the appropriate person.
- To answer any telephone calls.
- Work closely alongside all members of the team and provide support as appropriate.
- To deal with all deliveries and post for the department.
- To liaise with key people within the Trust.
- To introduce and/or maintain administrative procedures or systems which contribute to the efficiency of the department.
- Gain an understanding about the Information Governance Departments wider role providing a central point of contact for enquiries.