Transport Compliance Apprentice Dpd Brief overview of the role To ensure that the processes that support the department are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy. To support the Transport department by providing an administrative service and supporting the improvement of performance.
- Working week
- Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Annual wage £12,000.00
- Expected duration 18 months
- Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Positions 1 available
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility:
- Engage with team members in the identification of improvement opportunities
- Implement improvement activities and systems to increase performance
- Liaise with visitors & contractors ensuring the relevant H&S and Security paperwork is completed
- Assist with the maintenance of department compliance folders
- Conduct analysis of depot compliance and report back to managers
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by Line Management
Requirements and prospects
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
4 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualifications).
The opportunity to progress your career within the business.
Things to consider
Rates of Pay: for each year of apprenticeship based on a percentage of a skilled salary.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
The Tess Group
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Training to be provided
The apprentice will complete the Level 3 Improvement Technician qualification.