Pickup Business Coordinator Apprentice Dpd Brief overview of the role Providing an administrative service in the area of departmental administration. To ensure that the administrative processes that support the department operation are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy. The Apprentice will also work closely with the management team to offer commercial support.
- Working week
- Monday - Friday, shifts TBC.
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Annual wage £12,000.00
- Expected duration 18 months
- Apprenticeship level Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions 1 available
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility
Personnel Management Support:
- Administer the department’s holiday rota ensuring all holiday entitlement and leave booked is appropriately recorded, enabling the calculation of accrued holiday pay
- Administer all new starters ensuring company procedures are followed in relation to the issuing of offer letters, reference and vetting procedures and authorisation and establishment on payroll
- Administer all leavers ensuring that files are appropriately stored and maintained and that P&T and Payroll are advised
- Maintain personnel records, including sickness and holiday. Pass relevant information promptly to Payroll and People & Talent
- Establish and maintain all training records within individual personnel files providing reminders to the management team of annual training review for each employee
General Coordinator/Administration Tasks:
- Assist with the monitoring, auditing and ordering of stationery, uniform, office stock items and the storing and/or distribution thereof
- Support with the implementation and development of department systems
- Provide ‘outside the box’ thinking when reviewing processes and systems
- Work closely with the management team to implement new strategies, systems, and processes to improve the productivity and functionality of the department
- Ensure that all documentation and information is reviewed and stored in line with the company policy
- Develop effective communication strategies and manage internal communications
- Organise meetings and meeting schedules for the teams within the Stoke Pick- Up department
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and reports
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by Line
Requirements and prospects
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications).
The opportunity to progress your career within the business.
Things to consider
- Rates of Pay: for each year of apprenticeship based on a percentage of a skilled salary.
- 1st Year - TBC
- 2nd Year - TBC
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
Address Building 4
Etruria Office Village
Training provider The Tess Group
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Training to be provided
- Completion of a Level 3 Business Administration qualification
- Functional skills if needed
- Apprenticeship standard