- To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence.
- To support the day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the setting facility.
- To ensure that developmental records for your key group are kept up to date.
- To support your colleagues and work as part of a team in providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all children. (Ages range from 6 weeks to 13 years dependent on setting).
- To assist in the development of an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
- To treat information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential.
- To ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene and welfare whilst maintaining adequate supervision of the conduct of the children attending the setting.
- To ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- To help support the management team to ensure that the Ofsted standards including EYFS is followed at all times.
- To support the management team in striving to deliver an outstanding setting
- Any other duties that may be required.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Previous day nursery experience, childcare experience.Personal qualities
Friendly, reliable, nurturing, caring, willingness to learn and develop.Desired qualifications
GCSE Maths and EnglishFuture prospects
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.Things to consider
Transport to the rural locations. No public transport available.
If you already have a Level 2 in Childcare, you might be considered for a Level 3.