Commis Chef Level 2 Apprentice The Eatery Brief overview of the role We are recruiting a commis chef apprentice for our client. They are looking to recruit a motivated and hardworking individual to join their team and learn and grow within the business.
- Working week
- Working will mainly be in the daytimes but you will need to be flexible and mindful that you may have to do evening shifts time to time. You will be working five days a week this could include weekends but this will not be every week. Shifts TBC
- Total hours per week: 30.00
- Weekly wage £129.00
- Expected duration 12 months
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions 1 available
Duties will include:
- Ensuring your section is properly stocked and you have everything you need for every shift
- Cooking and preparing elements of high-quality dishes
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
- Assisting the stock rotation cleaning stations
- Helping with delivering and restocking
- Assisting other chefs in the kitchen
- Preparing vegetables, meat and fish
- Develop an understanding of where produce comes from
- Understand food safety and allergens
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- May at times work off-site within a school kitchen nearby. (This will mainly be for training as it has more space and easier to meet social distancing rules)
Requirements and prospects
- Able to follow orders but also work using your own initiative
- Can meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Hard working
- Someone that goes the extra mile, making sure everything is done the way it should be and going out their way to make sure something is as good as it can be
- Always on time and ready for the day
- Ready to learn
- Friendly yet professional
No qualifications needed.
There may be the opportunity to progress on to a higher level apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Must have your own transport or the easy ability to travel to and from work
- Be flexible with your working hours where necessary
- Able to work weekdays and weekends
- Be prepared to learn new skills and knowledge whilst you work
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Here at The Eatery we proudly present a variety of meals. From light breakfasts, to larger full English’s with all the trimmings. Burgers from large to small to but all packed with fresh ingredients. Hot meals to warm up that cold day or a panini to fill that hole in your stomach. Our menu gives that something extra to your day which we proudly provide! We are looking to recruit a enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as our commis chef apprentice.
Address 14 18
Training provider The Tess Group
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Training to be provided
Commis Chef Level 2.
Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised apprenticeship.
You will be offered career guidance with opportunities for progression to higher level qualifications.
Apprenticeship standard Commis chef