You will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects, offering technical support for any tasks in relation to the IT Department and assist in writing digital print programs, across the Security Print Division.Your primary objective being to ensure that Security Print Division is supplied with the technical support to meet its manufacturing obligations.
Your duties will include:
- Creating, amending and processing digital print programs to drive the Nipson, Xerox's, and any other variable data equipment using Quadient Inspire Designer, or any other variable data software as required across the Security Print Division
- To assist in ensuring the variable data driven production machines across the Security Print Division always have their programs output to them and tested prior to them being required to run on the machines
- To assist in ensuring programs are written in a timely manner as per the job's delivery requirements and production schedule whilst always maintaining integrity of output
- Providing technical support to the digital print operators
- Writing Non-Visual programming jobs for the encoding machines
- Providing support to the operators for the encoding machines with regards to variable data jobs
- Creating, Sorting, Manipulating and Processing both Customer supplied and our own data
- Assisting with Patch Management, Hardware Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- PC hardware and software support in accordance with the requirements of the IT Manager
- MIS Report writing (Imprint)
- Learning new technologies as and when required which may help in the improvement of the department
- To solve problems rapidly, highlighting problems to the attention of the IT Manager
- To undertake training as required by the Company or for your own professional development from time to time on new processes, legislation or management
- To ensure that you adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and that work is conducted in a safe manner
- To ensure that Quality procedures are followed in full
- Awareness of the information security requirements as per the ISO 27001 Information Security Manual and applicable procedures ensuring compliance
- 26 days annual holiday plus all statutory bank holidays
- Auto enrolled into Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- We are looking for someone who can use a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books and trial and error
- You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there's always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast
- Whilst it is an absolute must that you enjoy programming, coding, and building websites and/or applications, web development is not just about code!
- You need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too
- You'll also need to be reliable and have a can-do approach to your workload
- Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also be able to work on your own to targets and deadlines
- You must be passionate about development, self-motivated, determined to learn and develop new skills and driven to succeed
GCSE Maths and English (or the equivalent).Future prospects
As an ever changing industry, you will have gained the knowledge and experience to progress with your career into Senior Development positions or other specialism in the security print industry.Things to consider
First interviews will be over the phone and successful candidates may be given some online learning resources to work through before attending the second interview.
This job description is a guide to the minimum requirements of the job.It is not intended to restrict other activities which will contribute to the development and profitability of the company.If a need for action or an opportunity is identified, this must be brought to the attention of all concerned.
Your employment will be subject to a DBS check and Security Clearance by way of either a Security Check with the Home Office, where UK residency, immigration, criminal and financial history will be checked.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates