If you are looking to start a career in the science sector, this is your opportunity to work for one of the world's innovative pharmaceutical companies. Pfizer is looking to recruit an apprentice to work within their warehouse storage areas. You will need to maintain high standards of safety and need to maintain inventory records.
Salary: £11,295 per annum
Holiday Entitlement: 25.5 days plus bank holidays
Qualifications Required: 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm. Fridays, 9am – 4.05pm
Duration: 15 months
Start Date: September 2021
Interview Date: TBC - September 2021
Closing Date for applications: 26th September 2021
Download and complete this application form, then click the "apply now" button to submit this.
There is a section at the end where you must in put answers to the following two questions;
- Please tell us what you hope to gain from an Apprenticeship at Pfizer (200 words maximum)
- Please provide an example where you have worked effectively as part of a team in order to solve a problem? (200 words maximum)
Job Purpose: Aid Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient-Manager (API-M) Superuser in the smooth operation of API-M storage areas. Interaction with computerised inventory systems to maintain accurate inventory records. Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Process and Safety within the Warehousing areas.
Liaises with: API-M Materials Superuser, Pilot Plant Technicians, Process Supervisors, Sourcing Lead, EHS and QA contacts.
- Requirement to become fully conversant with all policies and procedures relating to inventory management within API-M and makes safety and GMP decisions as experience grows.
- Perform clerical and physical task in connection with all facets of material handling activities including but not limited to:
- Verification of materials received by visual inspection and comparison against technical documents.
- Storage of material in a variety of environments (vertical racking systems, refrigeration) which will require training in the use of a forklift truck.
- Staging and delivery of materials per end-user requests, picking of raw and packaging materials to fulfil batch requests.
- Disposal of unwanted stocks of material via approved waste contractors.
- Report discrepancies/damage of material through the appropriate notification system
- Enter and retrieve data from electronic inventory data systems. Prepare and keep accurate records for all goods received, distributed, and shipped.
- Perform inventory maintenance tasks such as cycle counts and space optimization to ensure inventory is accurate and controlled.
- Enforce good housekeeping standards are maintained within all of the warehouse and dispensing areas and ensure that each location is suitable for its designated purpose.
- Become trained in the sampling and testing of commodity raw materials and solvents using spectroscopic techniques.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Mathematics and English
- Good communication and timekeeping skills
- Quick learner and able to multi-task
- Organised and manages own time to deliver workload to appropriate deadlines
- Works well in teams and communicates effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to determine own work priorities, and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Can perform a broad and challenging variety of work, some unpredictable and non-routine, using creativity and innovation where possible
- Demonstrates attention to detail and ability to appropriately prioritize and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes
- Can use own judgment to make decisions on complex, non-routine issues within and outside of scope of responsibilities
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Warehouse Supply Chain Warehouse Apprenticeship Standard guidelines.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays) Opt in pension scheme Student discount card (NUS) Employee assistance programme Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship