Based in Birmingham, we're committed to delivering the best possible experiences across our Academy schools. We're here to transform young people's lives and build ambitious futures through Collaboration, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence.
4 positions available with a recruitment event on the 16th of September
Successful applicants will be based full time with one employer (for between 15-18 months), but will also be able to access a range of additional qualifications and events not seen on any other apprenticeship programme. Employers are specifically chosen based on their passion and willingness to support young people.
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated tutor, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This tutor will deliver a weekly group education session for all apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.
You will also be supported by an experienced Head Coach within your workplace, who will be there to help you plan and deliver engaging and inclusive sessions. This member of staff will also help you to reflect and develop on your coaching practice as you progress through the programme.
Why should I join Coach Core?
At Coach Core, we are passionate about ensuring you gain more opportunities and experiences than any other apprenticeship programme. To do this, we work to provide the following:
- The opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications and access weekly vocational training, as required by employers within the sports industry.
- Regular mentor support and experience of working alongside industry professionals, including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
- Practical experience of working in the sports industry, through curriculum and afterschool coaching, community activation, youth provision and sporting events, amongst others.
- The opportunity to learn and share best practice with other young people, become a role model and give something back to your community.
- The opportunity to attend exciting events and training, through other employers, linked partners and the Active Partnership.
If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed
Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development
Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administration tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.