Graduate Management Accountant required for an established South Yorkshire based manufacturing business.
The purpose of the role is to provide and analysis management information to the business including challenging assumptions and performance where data supports this challenge, assisting with process improvements along with the continuous development of financial and related systems to support the business.
Duties to include (full job spec is available upon request):
* Preparation of specific parts of the monthly management accounts (including at least one business unit and central cost centres) in accordance with established procedures. To be completed within agreed reporting timescales
* Preparation of other elements of the monthly accounts (including group reporting) in accordance with established procedures and timescales
* Monthly review, analysis and commentary of the accounts prepared by the job holder to identify reasons for variances and following up with other departments actions that need to be taken.
* Understand the business cycle of the relevant departments in terms of what is being produced (and how) and what is sold which would include regular visits to the plant to recognise the impact of production methods on the figures.
* Ensure the accuracy of standard costing systems, including a minimum annual review of the product standards involving liaising with production colleagues to ensure that product costing reflect the reality of what is happening on the factory floor.
* Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. The drive and desire to become a qualified accountant is key to this recruitment:
* The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above) and studying a professional qualification.
* Wants to work for a manufacturing company and the challenges this gives in regards to processes, people, deadlines etc.
* Good IT skills are essential.
Key benefits are an attractive basic salary plus study support, some flexibility around working hours between Monday and Friday, free secure on site parking, 25 days holiday plus stats, generous pension scheme, health scheme and on site gym