Primary Job Purpose
- To provide a professional Buying support service to the division
- Supporting our organisational goals around operational excellence
- To support the notion of delivering best value procurement within the Division and ensuring procurement is carried out in a timely manner and in line with budget
- Support the Company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction
To deliver support to Divisional Buyers
- Support on day to day site queries regarding material purchase alongside the Buyers
- To support the Buyers with supplier invoice disputes as required across the Division
- Managing invoices and purchase orders following the Group P2P policy
- Support with for the procurement of an allocated number of procurement items on any divisional development at any one time in close liaison with the Buyer
- Carry out close liaison with the Buyer and help advise, plan and offer general support as and when required
- Report as necessary on the departmental activities (procurement budgets, compliance etc) and use data to drive continuous improvement alongside the divisional teams
- Support on scheduling practices for Divisional material purchase and deliveries.
- Strict adherence to Construction budget parameters and coding alignment.
- Ensure compliance to Group Framework Agreements, generally to include the establishment of a close working relationship with the Group Procurement team. Address any non-compliance with the development team and escalate to Buyer if required
- Monitor the on-hire and spend reports received from various suppliers and liaise with the site teams to ensure cost effective management of these
Provide information and data as required to assist Group in recovering all due rebates.
- Assist with preparation of Material Construction Budgets.
- Assist with the production of the Non-Budgeted Costs report.
- Ensure effective two-way communication with the other members of the Group Procurement team.
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments within the organisation.
Other general responsibilities
- Maintain standards and consistency by keeping up to date and operating within the latest defined standard specifications, using the approved documentation, process, systems, and source information to ensure consistent and effective performance
- Always fully comply with McCarthy & Stone's policies and procedures
- Actively engage and collaboratively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder's experience and qualifications as may be required for the smooth running of the business
Health and Safety:
Your Health and Safety responsibilities are to:
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Act in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out any work in accordance with any training, using any equipment in a safe and appropriate manner, informing your Line Manager of any health and safety problems and immediately stopping any unsafe activity until adequate measure have been taken to remove the risk or reduce it to as low as possible
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Negotiation skills
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of working in a commercial organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including maths and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) or equivalent
- A Level 3 construction related qualification would also be beneficial
- Opportunity to progress into a full time role within the business upon completion of the Apprenticeship