There is a digital revolution taking place in the UK and our work is at the heart of it. Every day, our members come to work knowing they are making a real difference, in exciting industries such as Space, Defence & Intelligence and Central Government. As one of the leading names in IT, we’re looking for amazing people to be part of our team. We want you to help drive some of the most exciting IT opportunities available. We offer a fantastic working environment with great support, plus loads of training and benefits too. There is never a dull day at CGI!
In our eyes, you are the next generation of leaders and technical experts, and we are proud to be able to offer you lots of opportunities to help you achieve your potential. Join one of our apprenticeship programmes and you’ll take your career to places your never thought possible.
You will study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree at the University of Winchester one day per week and spend the other four developing your career here with us. The duration of the course is 3 years.
You can shape and develop your career throughout the course of the programme then continue with us after graduation. You’ll also benefit from a competitive starting salary, fully paid tuition fees and all the support you need to succeed.
We offer three specialisms:
- The Software Engineering specialism is designed for those who wish to pursue an IT/Computing career in roles such as Software Testing, Software Development or IT support.
- The Cyber Security specialism is designed for those who wish to pursue an IT/Computing career in roles specialising in Cyber Security.
- The Business specialism is designed for those who wish to pursue a career in roles such as Project Management, Business Analysis and Consultancy.
During the apprenticeship, you’ll work in roles related to your degree and therefore you’ll need to demonstrate an interest in these areas.
What You’ll Get
In addition to fully paid tuition fees, we’ll provide the course resources and materials required. You are able to access the same learning opportunities as those who follow the traditional route of direct entry into university.
Due to the nature of our business, you work on ‘projects’. This means you have the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles related to your apprenticeship, work with clients in different industries and locations, there is no ‘typical day’. The best thing about joining us is that while you may start in one of these areas, the opportunity to move internally is huge, so you can take control of your career from your first day.
Our undergraduates have worked on top-secret national security projects, played their part in securing Europe’s major satellites, and helped win multi-million pound contracts. It really does vary at CGI and that is the exciting thing, it is up to you to shape and develop your career in the direction you want to go with the support of others.
To support you, you will have designated managers who will look after you on a day-to-day basis and be on hand to support you with your career development and professional conduct at CGI. You will also have a ‘Buddy’ who is a current or graduated student of an apprenticeship programme to help you with anything else you may need.
Location of the role
Currently we have opportunities based in our Gloucester, Leatherhead (Surrey), London and Reading offices. As CGI is a consultancy, you may be required to work at other locations asides from your base location, and you should therefore be prepared for travel in your role.
- A minimum of five A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent grades 4-9 on the new grading scale), including English and Maths.
- To have or be predicated to achieve at least 120 UCAS points across three A-Levels or equivalent BTECs at grade C or above (excluding General Studies) gained in the same academic year or a completed Advanced IT Apprenticeship. Please note, we encourage applications if you have not met these grade requirements but have extenuating circumstances.
- For the Software Engineering or Cyber Security course specialism, your A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) should include an IT related subject, unless you can show software programming or development ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities.
- Our apprenticeships are designed for candidates with A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. BTEC etc) who do not yet have a degree in a related subject. If you are working towards a degree, or already have one, please see our Industrial Placement and Graduate Programmes.
Please note: We will need to see original certificates for all qualifications. Due to UK Government security requirements we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the unrestricted right to live and work in the United Kingdom.