Are you looking for an alternative path to university or seeking a new challenge and keen to make a difference? Then an apprenticeship with CMA CGM UK may be the perfect solution. Our apprenticeship programme will give you the opportunity to grow and develop in a diverse and inclusive culture.
CMA CGM UK Shipping is a global shipping business across 160 countries with 110,000 colleagues so you would joining an international business which has the ability to focus on career development and enhancement for all colleagues whatever their operating level.
We have a Head Office in Marseille in the south of France and from this epicentre, we are able to direct, lead & strategise how best to operate and compete in the shipping & maritime business.
Have you ever thought about how products, food, merchandise arrive in the shops that you visit frequently or how the car you drive, arrived in the country, or even how animals arrive in Zoos or yachts make it into UK waters? There is a good chance that CMA CGM UK. Shipping transported these produces across the ocean on our one 500+ containerships. Our ships can be size of 5+ footballs pitches and are electronically sailed. We operate with the highest technologies but our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do and everyone has their own part to play.
We are an innovative employer focused on CSR, ensuring energy efficient sailing, a focus on the environment and working to ensure we preserve our worlds oceans.
Investing in our people is a priority for us. When you join our Apprenticeship programme you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of your own mentor who will support you throughout the duration of the programme. The HR team will also provide training to develop your skills and provide opportunities for you to learn more about our different business areas.
Who we are looking for?
We're on the lookout for individuals who want to transform the HR Landscape within the Shipping industry. Having the right attitude, motivation and willingness to learn is key to working in our fast-paced and diverse environment. An apprenticeship with us will enhance your skills and confidence as a HR Practitioner and gain valuable understanding of a truly generalist HR role.
We currently have an excellent opportunity within our HR Shared Services Team for an Apprentice HR & Payroll Administrator.
People - The customer is at the heart of everything we do and for the HR Shared Service team, our People are our customers. Our focus is to ensure that we are delivering a great employee experience to all our people whilst delivering excellent HR Shared Service support to the Business.
You will spend 20% of your time working towards a professional qualification with the balance working in the HR Shared Service team.
A day in the life of our Apprentice HR Administration and Payroll Apprentice
Get to the office, grab a drink and say, "Hi" to the team! You will be supporting in the input, maintenance and reporting of People data, running admin activity for Recruitment including scheduling interviews and pulling together relevant paperwork alongside assisting in Payroll input and much more. This is truly generelist HR & Payroll position with lots of opportunity to learn and develop!
The successful candidates should be -:
- Warm, friendly and enthusiastic who will contribute their own ideas to benefit the team
- Enthusiastic & willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent working knowledge of full suite of Microsoft Office packages, but particularly Excel, is desirable
- Experience of database management and Microsoft Teams desirable
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above
- GBP8.91 (this rate will also apply for under 23-year olds)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service plus additional day over Christmas period
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Local and global development opportunities across 160 countries within the CMA CGM Group, including opportunities at our iconic Head Office tower in Marseille
- Generous pension scheme & life assurance
- Commitment to promoting awareness and understanding of Mental Health through our Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter
- Health plan including an Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme / Season ticket loans
- Additional benefits including Birthday and Wedding Leave and gift, and the opportunity to earn additional leave through good attendance
Closing Date - 24th September 2021