Making a Difference
- Represent the company in a presentable and professional manner always ensuring that actions are taken to make a difference wherever possible
- Build trust within the business ensuring that everyone is fully committed to delivering the same company standards
- Ensure company delivery procedures are adhered to • Be prepared to innovate when opportunities arise
- Assisting the Finance Manager in maintaining the business's accounting records: Including updating the supplier's ledger with invoices, maintaining and reconciling the business's bank account, petty cash records, and adding and reconciling the business credit card transactions.
- Dealing with accounts queries.
- Adding supplier invoices to the purchase ledger
- Monthly Purchase Ledger Reconciliations
- Issuing of remittance advice to Wholesalers • Maintaining Clean Ledgers & Filling System
- Maintain Direct Debit Schedule.
Bank & Cash
- Complete Daily Bank Reconciliations
- Post payments in SAGE Line 50
- Issue customer invoices from valuations received from Commercial Managers
- Credit Control duties, ensuring all Sales invoices are paid within the agreed payment terms.
- Process monthly employee expenses to Eque2/Sage
- Assist with Quarterly VAT Returns
- Provide cover for department during employee leave periods,
- Post Journals including Prepayments & Accruals & Assist with Management Accounts
- Completion of Ad-hoc duties upon instruction from the Finance Manager
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Proactive, punctual and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines and has excellent time management skills
- Proficient level MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective communicator
- Able to work in a pressurised and fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire other
- Ability to adapt and manage change
- Highly organised individual with an all-round ability, who is willing and able to take ownership of all tasks given
- Positive, motivated with a readiness to help out in any capacity as and when needed • Multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills, professional, diplomatic and able to build relationships easily
- AAT Level 3 Qualified
- Experience with Sage, Eque2 & COINs is a bonus
- Should the candidate do well, there will always be room for growth, we have 1 IT apprentice who is now doing another course and we have 2 apprentices in our accounts team.