Duties and responsibilities will evolve and widen as you develop within the business; you will be trained in all aspects of accounting, primarily: -
- All aspects of purchase and sales ledgers including credit control
- All aspects of bank reconciliations and posting of banking transactions
- Resolving queries and maintaining up to date and accurate data
- Preparing and processing monthly journals and management accounts
- Preparing annual budgets
- Constantly review the company's existing procedures and to make improvement recommendations
- Provide assistance and support for colleagues
At the end of the apprenticeship you will have: -
- Understanding of the financial parts relating to FCA regulations
- Awareness of general insurance & underlying principles
- Robust knowledge of accounting principles
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Quality in Everything We Do.
- Exceptional Customer Service.
- Team Player.
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of accounts and insurance through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues where appropriate.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including both emails and letters.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keyboard skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
X5 GCSE including Mathsand English A-C grade 4 above
A levels - A-C Grade ( Accounting - or Maths )
ACCA or CIMA at a lower levelFuture prospects
Things to consider
- Potential toprogress into a full-time position upon completion of this apprenticeship
- £100 bonus per exam passed
- Paid gym membership
- 10% of salary company pension contribution
- Company medical insurance
- Long service leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee care programme scheme
More individual performance measures will be set during Personal Development Reviews
- Carry out all activities to a minimum of 95% in conformance with the written procedures of the Company. To strive to achieve 100% at all times.
- To facilitate prompt and accurate responses on every occasion to client queries.
- Assist colleagues and the team in achieving the above and ensure compliance within the team and identifying any training needs.
- Comply with annual CPD requirements as outlined by the ACCA, CII & FCA.
- Comply with monthly audit requirements as set by SSR.