The Project Management Degree Apprentice will learn how to deliver day-to-day project management tasks following the project management process and standard working practises within the Project Management Team and Project Management Office.
- Share project information with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project deliverables under the direction of the Programme and Project Managers to secure and measure progress
- Collect and input data in to project trackers and databases
- Attend and present at Project Review Meetings
- Project cost analysis, monitoring cost and assessing earned value
- Assist in the preparation of Project Management Reports for the Senior Management Team
- Assist in Work Package Management processes
- Work towards APM Membership status
Under guidance the PM Degree Apprentice is expected to be able to report accurately the status of the project. This communication maybe to external and/or internal customers. Communication may cover the issues and points of escalations in the project, or to achieve an agreed way forward to meet the overall requirements of the project.
At all times the PM Degree Apprentice is expected to review the work being done, so that lessons learnt can be fed back into improvements into the way we manage projects within the MTC.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to deliver both internally at work but also externally through achievement of a degree
- A logical thinker with attention to detail, and excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure requirements are delivered successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in technology
- Able to use the MS Word, Excel and Office applications
All aspects of the role are to be carried out as an exemplar within the business in adhering to the MTC RIGHT way:
- Acting responsibly, putting MTC's interests ahead of personal ambition
- Organised, disciplined, methodical, hardworking and a team player
- Providing inspirational leadership to all who come in contact with you
- Delivering in the broadest sense a great working environment
- Leading with humility, honesty and integrity in all that you do
- Promoting teamwork, supporting through difficult times and collectively celebrating our successes
- GCSE/Level 2: Grade C/Level 5 or above in maths and English
- A Levels/Level 3: Grade BBC or BTEC: Grades DMM or L3 Business Administration apprenticeship
All level qualifications must be completed before January 2022.Future prospects
Projec Management roles/careers available at the MTC.Things to consider
MTC operate a fully flexible working week, generally this is delivered over 4 working days with 3 non-working days per week, and a mixture of work from home and office is offered. Depending on the needs of the business and the rotation you are on this will vary over the 4 years of the scheme. Candidates therefore need to be flexible in their approach to working hours and environment.