Whilst this apprenticeship position will be within the Schoolwear Plus business, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to undertake similar activities for both the Schoolwear Plus and Workwear Plus businesses.
The General Manager Apprentice will initially assist in many of the key business functions set out below and ultimately take responsibility for some or all of them.
- Financial Management and Business Strategy, Planning and Monitoring
- Business Operations
- Customer, Sales, Project andSupplier Management
- Schools and Clubs - Existing and New Business
- Customer Communications
- Customer Events
- Merchandisingand Stock Control
- Planning, Procuring and Maintaining H/W andS/W
- General Promotions
- Digital Marketing
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong aptitude for financial planning and management
- Great inter-personal skills
- Proven decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- For this role, we believe that the individual's attitude is more important than any specific industry experience
- Our directors have a wealth of practical experience and are supported by a strong team from which the successful candidate will be able to learn all there is to know about our businesses
- Consequently, we are looking for someone who is prepared to work hard, demonstrates passion, enthusiasm, dedication and great interpersonal skills, has a "can do" attitude and shows potential to develop into a visionary leader, confident decision-maker and competent professional manager
If you are under 24 you're expected to have at least 200 points at A-level or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), and maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above.
If over 24 years and you have relevant work experience but no traditional qualifications after GCSE,if you have other professional qualifications (e.g. ILM, CMI), we still encourage you to apply as all applications are considered on an individual basis.
Contact Erica Mitchell at email@example.com for any qualification questions.Future prospects
This is a unique opportunity to join an established business and to learn all aspects of business management within this challenging industry sector.The apprenticeship will offer you accelerated learning through a combination of structured study and mentorship and will enable you to progress, subject to performance, rapidly to a senior management role.For the right individual with a positive attitude and professional aptitude, there is a strong possibility of a future equity stake in the businesses.Things to consider
We are looking for someone to start ASAP. The start date can be sooner than 20/9/2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates