We are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for beer and pubs and who can translate this into producing great beer and making sure that it is presented
to our customers in perfect condition.
In return we will give you a qualification which is widely recognised and
portable, as well as Sales skills to help you bring our beers to a wider audience.
Your duties will include:
- To work in conjunction with our brewery to produce high-quality, consistently brewed products at The Davenports brewery
- To provide the brewing/sales team with new ideas and beer trends to excite our own pub and trade customers
- To fulfil all training and personal development obligations to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship standard
- Act as the Beer Ambassador for Davenport pubs to ensure that our staff are trained in our products and ensure optimum product knowledge and presentation
- Be a vociferous advocate for Davenport's brewery and to enhance our reputation at all times
- Provide the company with the latest information on trends and new ideas as you find them
- Seek out and provide a list of the specialist craft shops/venues and to establish relationships with these entities
- Engage with consumers via social media and beer blogger sites
- Engage with local industry groups such as CAMRA
- Establish good relationships with other craft brewers, retailers and social media influencers in the West Midlands area and other local markets
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Have good IT skills have the ability to meticulously follow processes and procedures demonstrate an aptitude for technical and mechanical skills
- The apprenticeship course requires good knowledge of Maths, English and Scientific principles so you must have passed in these subjects at GCSE and ideally science A levels
- Previous brewing knowledge is not necessary but may be advantageous. Enjoy variety and multi-tasking, be passionate about learning a new craft
- Be a clear and confident communicator, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people internally and externally Be organised, resilient, positive, self-aware and calm under pressure
- Have excellent time management and organizational skill
- Be self-motivated, hard-working, reliable and possess a determination to deliver excellence.
- A level standard or equivalent
- At the end of the course there will be the opportunity to become a full-time brewer with Davenports and, in time, for the right person, the potential to move into Sales or Retail management.