Main role / Responsibilities:
You will be reporting direct into the Operations Team Leader your role will be to carry out the following:
- Work to support the infrastructure for development through to release. - This will include configuration and maintenance of server instances within AWS
- Manage pipelines for development through to release
- Assist in ensuring that automates test pipelines are running correctly
- Maintain documentation pertaining to infrastructure setup/configuration
- Assist with internal IT configurations and support
- Support business critical integrations using our implementation tools
- Collaborate with our Customer Success, Product and Engineering teams to build processes to ensure successful customer implementations
- Handle first and second line support tickets raised by our customers and work with our Engineering team for 3rd line support
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience in scripting/programming languages (e.g Bash, Java, Groovy)
- Strong experience in a declarative "infrastructure as code" scripting language
- Experience in building monitoring and alerting solutions for web applications
- Understanding of service management and support models.
- Experience implementing identity and access management, data security and application security
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills
- Experience using the practice of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of DevSecOps principles
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure and GCP
- Experience using source code management and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of automating manual, repeatable tasks
- Knowledge of the agile manifesto
- Understanding of how to embed quality into the software development lifecycle
IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line Software Development Roles
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only), or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or,
- A minimum of 12 months of work experience within an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
We are looking for someone to stay with us for the long-term and to help build your knowledge within IT.Things to consider
£15,000 - £18,000 per annum. (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working, with the opportunity to work from home
- Tailored training scheme
E-bate supports many local charities, an up-coming event will see members of the team take part in a traditional sports day, supporting Hope Against Cancer.
We encourage all team members to get involved in these initiatives.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.