- Prioritise and resolve incidents escalated by Customer Service or raised directly by customers into Network Operations
- Utilise monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Conduct a thorough first line technical analysis of incidents including collection and analysis of relevant diagnostics
- Use Management Platforms and system tools to aid clear logical substantiated analysis of incidents
- Work with Customer site champions to carry out initial triage
- Ensure consistent, accurate and timely updates to tickets
- Ensure timely internal and external communications per SLA
- Handle Customer calls into Network Operations whilst on shift
- Ensure detailed handover to next shift of all open issues and planned maintenance
- Add, remove, configure network devices, updating the monitoring system and
- Complete Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting
- You will deliver all set targets to contribute to a successful business function in line
with the strategic objectives
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Technical knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills
- Have an understanding of SNMP protocol
- Have an understanding of VPN and tunnelling technologies
- Have an understanding of security protocols and firewalls
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop advanced networking skills and share them across the team
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line Software Development Role
- An A Level in ICT, or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Possibility of full-time employment.Things to consider
- Gym membership
- Flexi working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great opportunities to grow!
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.