Main Duties/Key Tasks: [Supporting the Administrative Team with:]
- Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient's medical history
- Read Coding the information into the Practice clinical system
- Dealing with both electronic and paper mail and ensuring that it is recorded and passed to clinicians as appropriate/necessary
- Scanning of paper records into notes
- Monitoring the practice email system
- Monitoring and running patient call and recall systems using data on QOF and by running reports
- Running the Learning Disability recalls
- Operating the Shared Care and DMARDS recall and monitoring system
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into Electronic Patient Record
- Support with data quality improvement projects
- Ensure security of data at all times
Any other admin related work required.
Health & Safety:
The apprentice will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures.
This will include:
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder's role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
- Reporting potential risks identified
In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
The apprentice will strive to maintain quality within the Practice through working with the Administrative team, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients' needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong interest in data and technology
- A methodical step by step approach to resolving issues
- Able to work under direction, use discretion and determine when to escalate issues
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Flexible approach, team player, good sense of humour
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Calm and professional manner
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- IT literate
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- 'Can do' attitude and preferably an interest in healthcare
- Sound knowledge of Windows and MS Office (highly desirable)
- IT literate
Entry requirements / Required qualifications:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including Maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are: Data Administrator Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The apprentice will practice continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment in conjunction with apprenticeship modules.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.