Associates will learn how to prepare UK and US tax returns and associated documents. This will be a complete process from reviewing client documents, preparing source materials, creating the return and sending this through for review by senior staff. Review notes will be provided to aid in learning. Associates will be expected to research topics and find answers and guidance will be given.
The expectation is that associates progress and move up within the team, with promotion and salary increases. There is no set time and this is based on ability - progression can be fast for those who show commitment and dedication.
We are looking for associates who are able to draft clear emails to clients and want to interact with clients as they progress in the role - this would be leading to calls with clients.
- UK and US tax returns
- amend for client adjustments
- prepare invoices
- answer client queries.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good numerical skills
- Use of Excel and Word
- Good written English, grammar and tone of writing
- Attention to detail
- Eager to learn and progress within the role
- Good client skills
- Ability to draft emails and willing to learn how to speak to clients on the phone
- 5 GCSEs, including maths and English, although some employers will accept other relevant qualifications and experience, including a relevant Level 2 qualification. Apprentices without English or maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment
- You must have a sound knowledge of accounting principles to undertake the AAT Level 4 programme. Achievement of an AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting is essential
Things to consider
- We are looking for associates to progress to assistant manager, manager and up to partner for the right people
- The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies