Working as a Category Assistant, you will be responsible for the data management for new and existing products within the Category department. You will work in coordination with the Category Buyers to ensure data changes are made in an accurate and timely manner through the use of our Jira system. This will cover all cost and retail prices changes as well as product listing amends. Workload and priorities can change daily so Assistants must be able to prioritise accordingly and work in an organised fashion.
This role is at the very heart of the business so developing internal relationships is essential. You will be required to liaise with various internal departments such as Marketing, Merchandising, ECommerce, Supply Chain and Customer Services, as well as our Supplier base. The Category department is the face of CMO and are therefore expected to act professionally at all times.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Constant prioritising of workloads as deadlines dictate.
- Managing projects from 'cradle to grave'.
- Cost and Retail price change input and coordination with Merchandising Pricing.
- Product listing review, amends and coordination with Merchandising QA.
- New Product Development coordination between Category Team and Suppliers and dealing with any queries arising.
- Owning the NPD Consolidation Sheets and supporting the Category Buyers to hit deadlines.
- Resolving Invoice queries.
- Updating all Category folders, supplier documents and directories.
- Supporting Category Team in all aspects of their day-to-day roles.
- Working with Customer Services to help resolve escalated customer issues with suppliers.
- Supporting Inventory Buyer with resolution of missed orders / communication.
- Understanding of data gathering and assets required for a successful listing and sale.
- Ensure deliverables and data are 100% accurate to maximise sales and minimize departmental issues - intent on accuracy, timely efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted safely without danger to personnel or equipment.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- A 'right first time' mentality.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Commitment and focused on quality.
- Promotes high standards in all they do.
- Consistently thinks about how their work can support and assist colleagues to make the business a success.
- Good timekeeping.
GCSE Maths and English C/4 grade and above or equivalent.Future prospects
Once the candidates successfully complete their apprenticeships we may offer them permanent roles with us as Category Assistants - future prospects may also include promotion to Category Buyer.Things to consider
We are based in Plymouth - we would welcome a flexible approach - a blend of home and office working.
The successful candidate will need to provide eligibility to work in the UK documentation.