Working under the supervision of Managing Director you will be involved in all aspects of the (new business) sales function, with most of the time focused on trying to identify potential new customers through a variety of means such as cold-calling, LinkedIn, and email. Speaking confidently on the phone should be second nature as will form a large part of day-to-day responsibilities, as will the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
The role will also involve various administrative tasks related to both the sales and marketing functions of the business. This would include using and updating our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, PipeDrive, as well as our other sales records primarily held on Microsoft Excel. It will also involve updating e-shot data lists, incoming customer enquiry logs, encouraging existing customers to provide us with reviews and testimonials and much more. Prior knowledge of CRM or similar systems is not required, albeit a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and LinkedIn would be a great advantage.
- Updating sales and marketing systems and records, including PipeDrive CRM, Microsoft Excel schedules, incoming customer enquiries log, e-shot marketing lists and more
- Identifying sales opportunities from new and existing customers through desktop research and a variety of other direct (cold) approaches by phone, LinkedIn, email and more
- Preparing quotations, proposals, tenders, pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ's) and additional necessary information required to onboard customers and create sales
- Contacting previous customers for online reviews (Google, Trustpilot and more), testimonials and other feedback
- Coordinating with the Operations Team and other internal team members as required
- Liaising internally and externally assist with website content, e-shots, social media posts and other marketing activities
- Scanning, filing, and archiving documents as needed
- Completing other tasks as required to support the sales and marketing function and the broader business
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- No experience is required, but a 'can-do' attitude is essential.
- Must have access to own transport (as public transport and public footpaths are not available, at/around our office).
- Must have access to PC, stable internet connection and quiet working area at home.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and communicate and build rapport with people at all levels.
- Previous use of CRM and Microsoft Office
- Preferred good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Preferred interest in pursuing a career in sale
- Must be self-motivated, determined, capable of working from own initiative and hard working.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and professional.
- Must be highly organised, be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload.
A-C in maths and English (Grade 4+)Future prospects
Progression within the company.Things to consider
- Additional leave
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Performance bonus
- Salary negotiable dependent on experience and qualifications
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day every 5 years' service (pro-rata for part-time)
- A wide range of discretionary benefits available, including: annual performance bonus, long term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25-year intervals, birthdays off each year, customer feedback bonus, mental and physical health treatments, referral bonuses.